RFS Announces End-to-End Passive DAS Solutions that Support Frequencies up to 6 GHz to Bring 5G Indoors
Meriden, CT, July 01, 2021 – Radio Frequency Systems (RFS), a global designer and manufacturer of total-package solutions for wireless and broadcast infrastructure, today announced availability of a complete portfolio of passive distributed antenna system (DAS) solution elements that support frequencies up to 6 GHz. Together, the RFS DAS solution elements allow network operators to deploy a single, end-to-end solution that supports all commercial and mission-critical wireless services from 555 MHz to 6 GHz to bring 5G into buildings and tunnels in an efficient and cost-effective way.
Operators can leverage new spectrum and technologies globally
“We recognize that our customers are looking to take advantage of newly available spectrum such as CBRS in the 3.5 GHz band and LTE LAA in the unlicensed 5 GHz band, as well as cutting-edge technologies such as MIMO, in their indoor deployments,” says Tom Kuklo, RFS Global Product Manager for In-Building Solutions. “To meet this need, we designed our end-to-end passive DAS portfolio to support any spectrum, any technologies and any services. Network operators can flexibly mix and match solution elements as required to support 5G services anywhere in the world while protecting their investments with future-ready infrastructure deployments.”
RFS’ end-to-end DAS portfolio includes the company’s world-renowned CELLFLEX® coax cables, RADIAFLEX® radiating cables and plenum-rated cables, as well as broadband and ultra-broadband antennas, and high-performance components. All solution elements are designed and proven to work seamlessly together to simplify and accelerate deployments in buildings and tunnels.
RFS passive DAS portfolio highlights include:
- RFS DragonSkin™, the first and only in-building coaxial cable to receive UL 2196 certification with no metal conduit, extensive wrapping or fire-resistant enclosure. The half-inch DragonSkin cable is thinner, safer, more flexible, and lighter weight than any other in-building coax cable with this level of fire resistance.
- RFS RADIAFLEX radiating cables and CELLFLEX coaxial cables that meet all major international flame- and fire-retardancy standards, and achieved the top Construction Products Regulation (CPR) rating of B2ca with a d0 droplets rating.
- The world’s first pair of ultra-broadband radiating cables for cross-polarized 2x2, 4x4 and higher MIMO applications. These cables set a new world record for download speeds in tunnels with a 4x4 MIMO solution for the Follo Line high-speed railway project that reached 560 Mbps.
- RFS ClearFill®Line plenum-rated cables that meet the requirements for safe use within the “environmental air handling space” in ceilings as well as in more traditional plenum applications.
- Compact and lightweight omnidirectional, panel, directional and bidirectional in-building antennas that discreetly deliver all cellular, radio and Wi-Fi services, and support 4x4 MIMO applications.
- A complete family of passive system components that provide optimal PIM performance to reduce interference and support the highest possible throughput levels end-to-end.
RFS is continually updating its passive DAS portfolio to meet requirements globally. The company expects to offer passive DAS components that enable high-quality and cost-effective operation in all frequency bands from 617 MHz to 4.2 GHz in the near future.
To simplify passive DAS solution design, all RFS passive DAS solution elements are available in the iBwave and Ranplan components databases.
Radio Frequency Systems (RFS) is a global designer and manufacturer of cable, antenna and tower systems, plus active and passive RF conditioning modules, providing total-package solutions for wireless infrastructure.
RFS serves OEMs, distributors, system integrators, operators and installers in the broadcast, wireless communications, land-mobile and microwave market sectors. As an ISO compliant organization with manufacturing and customer service facilities that span the globe, RFS offers cutting-edge engineering capabilities, superior field support and innovative product design. RFS is a leader in wireless infrastructure.
Trademarks: RFS®, CELLFLEX® and RADIAFLEX® are registered trademarks of Radio Frequency Systems. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/RFSworld.
RFS Press Contact
Global Product MarCom Manager
Phone: + 1 203 630 3311
Cell: + 1 203 715 1595